Our bar in Rock is perfect for any occasion. Whether you simply want to chill with a drink and a few friends or find the perfect wine to accompany your meal, The Rock Inn is the place to be. With our panoramic views of Cornwall’s River Camel and a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, we offer a great experience. If you want to cool down on a hot summer day or warm your hands up with a hot chocolate in the winter months, we welcome you to our bar. Call 01208 863498 for more information.
We have a large selection of local beer, lagers and ciders. Our bar is supplied by the St Austell Brewery, an authentic and long-established Cornish Brewery. Their award-winning real ale Tribute at 4.2 abv, is our favourite, though we serve another true ale, Trelawny, at 3.8 abv to give you options. We also serve Korev, a real Cornish lager that is increasing in popularity. Besides these, our bar also serves Carlsberg lager and the premium St Miguel. Our range of ciders are made in Healey’s cider farm in Cornwall. There is a choice of the Cornish Gold clear cider, the slightly cloudy Apple Ratler, as well as a Berry Ratler. On draught, we have Mena Dhu Stout and Pimm’s.
Soft drinks and bottles
Our bar in Rock offers a great selection of soft drinks including Frobishers fruit juices, Fentemans Ginger beer, Belvoir Elderflower Presse and Raspberry lemonade.
We also have Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer, Peroni and Corona in bottles. In addition, we also sell non-alcoholic options such as San Miguel 0,0%.
Choice Of Wines
Visit our restaurant, a stone’s throw from Padstow harbour, to try our selection of wines. We can ensure that the wine of your choice nicely complements your food. From fruity white wines by the glass, to bottles of high-end red and sparkling wines for special occasions, our bar in Rock has something for everyone.
The Rock Inn – Wine Menu
- Star Beach Sauvignon Blanc - Spain 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.95 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
Aromas of white blossom, citrus and green apples. This crisp wine is a delight with its vivacity and excellent balance. (1) 12.5% vol. Vegetarian. Vegan.
- Tanti Petali Catarratto-Pinot Grigio - Sicilly, Italy 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.95 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
Light and leafy with a hint of pear and blossom. An easy-going match for almost anything. (2) 12% vol. Vegetarian. Vegan.
- Goldcoast Chenin Blanc - Western Cape, South Africa Bottle £19.95
Fresh and bright with lively sherbet and lime aromas and a floral vivacity. Light and zippy with plenty of apple and pineapple with citrus flavours lifted up into a racy, mineral finish. Just brilliant. (2) 13% vol. Vegetarian.
- Stringy Bark Creek Chardonnay - South East Australia 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.75 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
A delicious Chardonnay with notes of melon and zesty freshness on the finish. (2) 13% vol. Vegetarian.
- Taworri Sauvignon Blanc - Marlborough, New Zealand 125ml £5.75 - 175ml - £7.75 - 250ml - £9.75 - Bottle £26.95
Benchmark New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with all the classic notes this style of wine is famed for - crisp zesty character, gooseberry fruit, grassy notes and utterly delicious. (2) 12.5% vol. Vegetarian.
- Arapala Sky Merlot - Central Valley, Chile 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.95 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
Intense aromas of rich black cherry, plum and a hint of dark bitter chocolate ending in a long, smooth finish. (C) 13% vol. Vegetarian. Vegan.
- Stringy Bark Creek Shiraz - Cabernet - S.E. Australia 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.95 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
Cool intensity is the style here, showing dark, fresh flavours. (B) 13.5% vol. Vegetarian.
- The Butcher of Buenos Aires Malbec - Mendoza, Argentina 125ml - £4.95 175ml - £6.25 250ml £7.95 Bottle £21.95
Attractive notes of sweet black cherry and a silky smooth mouthfeel. Not a heavy Malbec but one designed to be versatile with food yet easy enough to drink on its own. (C) 13.5% vol.
- Rue des Amis Pinot Noir - Languedoc, South of France Bottle £22.50
Exceptionally smooth with soft tannins, red fruit aromas and cherry flavours. A lighter red and very food friendly. (B) 12.5% vol.
- Cormoran Crianza - Rioja, Spain Bottle £23.95
Dark cherry red. Clean with intense ripe fruit, liquorice and toasted notes. This wine is rich and rounded in the mouth with a lovely long finish. (C) 14% vol.
- Falling Petal Zinfandel Rosé - California, USA 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.95 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
Medium sweet rosé, displaying classic strawberry fruit flavours. (4) 10.5% vol.
- Tanti Petali Pinot Grigio Rosato Botter - Sicily, Italy 125ml £4.75 -175ml £5.95 - 250ml £6.95 - Bottle £19.95
Very light and refreshing with a delicate pear-drop fruit. Absolutely bright and fresh, terrifically easy to drink. (1) 12% vol. Vegetarian. Vegan.
Local Wine (Limited availability)
- Camel Velley Brut - Cornwall, England Bottle - £47.50
Superb golden sparkler with elegant fizz and full, ripe flavours, packed with elderflower and hedgerow notes, yet truly brut. (1) 12.5% vol. Vegetarian, Vegan.
- Camel Valley Pinot Noir Rosé Brut - Cornwall, England Bottle £50.00
Lovely floral and delicate strawberry nose that drives into a brioche, fresh bread yeastiness supported by crisp acidity and a finish of great finesse. (1) 12.5% vol. Vegetarian. Vegan.
- Knightor Madeleine Angevine - Cornwall, England Bottle - £27.50
Elegant, crisp and immensely quaffable wine from a local winery. It is reminiscent of Sauvignon Blanc with delicate floral and citrus character. Simply delicious. (1) 12.5% vol. Vegetarian. Vegan.